CUSTOM JEWELRY DESIGN
At Devon’s Diamonds & Decor, we are proud to offer jewelry design in Boca Raton. We have been creating custom designed jewelry for generations and with the jewelry industry changing every few years, we like to follow suit. With over thousands of designs under our belt, our team will create your one of a kind masterpiece. We utilize next generation design software, including 3D Matrix CAD (Computer-Aided Design) to bring your inspiration to life.
The Jewelry Design Process
In these three simple steps, your jewelry vision will become a reality:
- The process begins when you meet with our design specialists at our jewelry store in Boca Raton to discuss your vision. We will create a sketch and once the design is chosen, it will get turned into a 3D computer rendering, otherwise known as Computer-Aided Design (CAD). And now the heart of the custom design begins!
- You are then presented with the 3D CAD rendering. This detailed computer model allows you to view your new custom design and get an idea of what your piece will truly look like finished. Any desired changes can be made before approval to eliminate the possibility of mistakes.
- After approval, our professional jewelers cast your work of art into the precious metal decided on. The final steps of the process include diamond setting, polishing, and pre-delivery inspection. From start to finish, this intricate process takes generally 2-3 weeks, depending on the complexity of the design.
JEWELRY REDESIGN IDEAS
- Repurpose family heirlooms that have been passed down and create an engagement ring or wedding band for the next generation.
- Celebrate an anniversary by redesigning your wedding band to suit your current taste and lifestyle.
- Transform an orphaned earring, old charm or pin with no specific purpose, into a unique necklace.
- Repurpose your wedding set from a previous marriage.
- Recycle your worn out, broken or unwanted gold jewelry and trade it in towards your new project.
- Turn a pendant that is out of style into a ring or bracelet, or vice versa.
- Create a new ring or pair of earrings by taking the stones from one piece of jewelry and put them into a new setting.
- Take grandma's old brooches and turn them into something new and in style like this beautiful bypass ring (pictured below)...
Jewelry Design in Boca Raton
Whether you want to build a new piece of jewelry or re-design a sentimental piece, our team will work with you step-by-step to create exactly what you envision. When you combine love with creativity, we can transform these items into beautiful and wearable creations that will be treasured for a lifetime. Visit our jewelry store in Boca Raton, and we'll turn your old jewelry into timeless pieces.
LOOKING TO DESIGN A CUSTOM ENGAGEMENT RING?
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN CREATING A CUSTOM ENGAGEMENT RING
- Custom pieces take time. If you want to create a custom engagement ring, one of the most important things to consider is your timeline. Creating a custom ring takes longer than buying a pre-made engagement ring, since you’ll need time to design your ring, approve each step of the design process, and wait for your ring to be made.
- Set your budget. The idea of creating or purchasing an engagement ring can feel overwhelming at first, so our experts at Devon's Diamonds & Decor first start with talking about your budget. We want to be sure you can get the best ring for your budget, and want to avoid leading you down the path to a ring that is not within your budget. There are many things that can change the cost of a custom engagement ring, like your choice of precious metal, diamonds or gemstones, and the complexity of your design. If we know your maximum spend amount before you start the ring design process, we can keep that in mind as our team helps you design your custom ring.
- Decide on your center stone and side stones. Deciding on a center stone is the first step in creating an engagement ring. This is where the bulk of your budget will go, so first we focus on finding the perfect stone or stones within your budget. While white diamonds are the most traditional gemstone for an engagement ring, there are so many gemstone options to choose from when you go custom. You could opt for a colored diamond, like a pink, blue, or yellow diamond. You could select a precious gemstone, like a ruby, blue sapphire, or an emerald. Or, you can choose a semi-precious gemstone, like a citrine, aquamarine, or a tourmaline. You can also choose to select many different types of gemstones or diamonds to create a highly detailed and unique look. When you create a custom-made engagement ring, the sky’s the limit! With so many center diamond and gemstone options, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with their different shapes, styles, types, and colors, while you search for inspiration for your ring. If you know you want a white diamond ring, focus your time on looking at the different diamond shapes and understanding the 4Cs (diamond color, cut, clarity, and carat). If you think you want something a bit less traditional than a white diamond, spend some time learning about all your colored diamond and gemstone options.
- Share your inspiration. Many people go custom because they already have a specific design in mind. If that’s the case for you, consider bringing in pictures of the things you want or a sketch of your ideas. If you aren’t completely sure what you want for your custom design, take some time to do some research and get inspired. Look at pre-made engagement rings and save images of ones you like, making sure to note what you like about them (Pinterest is a great tool for this). Then, bring your inspiration board to Devon's Diamonds & Decor and tell us what you love in your inspiration images. Our team of experts can help you discover what you prefer in an engagement ring and use your preferences as a starting point for your custom design.
- Choose your precious metal. One of the best things about creating a custom engagement ring is being able to choose the exact materials you want. You can go more traditional with yellow gold or white gold. Or you can pick something more unique like rose gold or two tone. So before you head into our jewelry store in Boca Raton, consider all your precious metal options and see if there are any you’re particularly drawn to.