Jewelry Repair Services
When you visit Devon's Diamonds & Decor, you can expect a wide variety of services for jewelry repair in Boca Raton, including:
- stone tightening
- ring re-sizing
- prong repair
- re-setting or replacing stones
- pearl and bead re-stringing
These are just a few of the repairs that we can help you with at Devon's Diamonds & Decor. Our experienced team can assist you with any sort of repair that you need. Whether the issue is simple or more complex, we are happy to provide you with high-quality repair services so we can get your piece of jewelry back to its original condition; making it look brand new again. Fine jewelry is susceptible to wear and tear and should be checked every 6 months. Stop by Devon's Diamonds & Decor in Boca Raton to have your jewelry inspected for free.
Jewelry Repair While You Wait
While You Wait Jewelry Repairs at Devon's Diamonds & Decor
Here at Devon's Diamonds & Decor, these are the most common While-You-Wait jewelry repairs in Boca Raton: resizing rings, repairing prongs, cleaning and polishing, and chain or clasp repair.
Ring Sizing While You Wait
When resizing a ring, we are able to make rings larger or smaller. One method is compressing or stretching the band (this only works in some cases). Another is by adding or subtracting the correct amount of metal to adjust the size. Sizing should be done evenly (centered), unless there are quality marks or an engraving that precludes it. No seams will be visible when you get a ring sized at Devon's Diamonds & Decor.
Prong Repair While You Wait
Think about how often you use your hands. Rings go through the most wear and tear out of any other type of jewelry. The constant wear of rings can cause prongs to wear and the potential for losing a precious gemstone to increase. Something as simple as getting snagged on your sweater to bedsheets can affect the strength of a prong. Depending on the severity of the prong wear, they can be re-tipped by adding metal to the top of the prong or the head can also be replaced which is normally what we recommend. When repaired at Devon's Diamonds & Decor In Boca Raton, prongs will match in size, shape and dimension. The prongs will completely go over the crown of the stone, ensuring they won’t snag clothing.
Cleaning and Polishing While You Wait
Residue from lotion or soap sticks around leaving your jewelry looking dull. Once cleaned and polished, your jewelry will look brand new again. A professional jewelry cleaning job is accomplished in three-steps: cleaning, polishing and steaming.
- Cleaning: The jewelry is placed in an ultra-sonic jewelry cleaner. Together with the cleaning solution, the ultra-sonic vibrates at a high rate, removing the tiny particles that are on the metal and the gemstones. Note: Not all gemstones can withstand the chemical cleaning solution and the vibrations of an ultra-sonic jewelry cleaner. Rubies, diamonds, and sapphires are fine but emeralds and opals should never be put in an ultra-sonic.
- Polishing: The jewelry is buffed and polished on a high speed wheel by our expert jeweler at Devon's Diamonds & Decor. After multiple steps on the polisher the ring is almost complete. All of the little scratches and dents are removed and the surface of your jewelry is restored to its original, shiny self.
- Steam cleaning: The jewelry is held under a powerful jet of steam getting rid of any last remnant of unwanted particles. The steam also brightens up the metal.
Chain or Clasp Repair While You Wait
Broken chains or clasps are a common, but intricate jewelry repair. There are many different types of chains and clasps out there, and some are much easier to fix than others. At Devon's Diamonds & Decor in Boca Raton, we replace all types of clasps, and we even replace old clasps with larger, newer ones for easier use.
Jewelry Repair Process
Our jewelry repair process is simple. Here’s what you need to do:
- Stop in our jewelry store in Boca Raton with the piece of jewelry or watch you need repaired, or call ahead to make an appointment. (561)430-6988
- We will inspect the item. If it is a ring we will be looking for issues such as worn or broken prongs to make sure you don’t lose any diamonds or gemstones. If it is a chain we will look for worn or open links.
- We will assess what needs to be done and provide you with an estimate and time frame for completion. Most jewelry repairs can be completed in a few days to two weeks, depending upon the extent of the repair and if we have the necessary parts in stock.
- Once approved, we’ll move forward on our end and complete the necessary repairs, updating you if the time frame changes.
- We will inform you that your repaired jewelry is ready for pick up and return your jewelry to you. A simple repair can save you from losing your favorite piece of jewelry.
Jewelry Repair Meets Custom Design
Many people want to reset diamonds or gemstones from pieces they no longer wear or have inherited from a loved one. We can reuse your metal or give you credit for it, and discuss the many options that are available to you. Whether you want to build a new piece of jewelry or re-design a sentimental piece, we will work with you step-by-step to create exactly what you envision. Jewelry re-design is our specialty!