Jewelry Repair & Watch Repair | Boca Raton, FL
Jewelry Repair Boca Raton, FL
When you’re unable to wear a piece of jewelry because it is broken or in bad condition, you need an expert in jewelry repair to take care of it. Look no further, Devon's Diamonds & Decor, our family of fourth-generation jewelers handles jewelry repair in Boca Raton. From ring sizing to jewelry restoration, we provide our customers with top-notch personalized service.
Jewelry Repair / Watch Repair Services in Boca Raton
When you visit Devon's Diamonds & Decor, you can expect a wide variety of services for jewelry repair and watch repair in Boca Raton, including:
Jewelry Repair Services
- rhodium plating
- stone tightening
- chain repair
- ring re-sizing
- prong repair
- re-setting or replacing stones
- pearl and bead re-stringing
adding or removing links (resizing)
Jewelry Repair While You Wait
We offer a While-You-Wait option for jewelry repair. While you wait, jewelry repair can be completed on more simple issues such as a clasp replacement, prong tightening, ring sizing, etc. Trust our in-house jewelry team at Devon's Diamonds & Decor to provide you with our exceptional jewelry repair service. Call to make an appointment (561)430-6988
While You Wait Jewelry Repairs at Devon's Diamonds & Decor
Here at Devon's Diamonds & Decor, these are the most common While-You-Wait jewelry repairs in Boca Raton: resizing rings, repairing prongs, cleaning and polishing, and chain or clasp repair.
Ring Sizing While You Wait
When resizing a ring, we are able to make rings larger or smaller. One method is compressing or stretching the band (this only works in some cases). Another is by adding or subtracting the correct amount of metal to adjust the size. Sizing should be done evenly (centered), unless there are quality marks or an engraving that precludes it. No seams will be visible when you get a ring sized at Devon's Diamonds & Decor.
Prong Repair While You Wait
Think about how often you use your hands. Rings go through the most wear and tear out of any other type of jewelry. The constant wear of rings can cause prongs to wear and the potential for losing a precious gemstone to increase. Something as simple as getting snagged on your sweater to bedsheets can affect the strength of a prong. Depending on the severity of the prong wear, they can be re-tipped by adding metal to the top of the prong or the head can also be replaced which is normally what we recommend. When repaired at Devon's Diamonds & Decor In Boca Raton, prongs will match in size, shape and dimension. The prongs will completely go over the crown of the stone, ensuring they won’t snag clothing.
Cleaning and Polishing While You Wait
Residue from lotion or soap sticks around leaving your jewelry looking dull. Once cleaned and polished, your jewelry will look brand new again. A professional jewelry cleaning job is accomplished in three-steps: cleaning, polishing and steaming.
- Cleaning: The jewelry is placed in an ultra-sonic jewelry cleaner. Together with the cleaning solution, the ultra-sonic vibrates at a high rate, removing the tiny particles that are on the metal and the gemstones. Note: Not all gemstones can withstand the chemical cleaning solution and the vibrations of an ultra-sonic jewelry cleaner. Rubies, diamonds, and sapphires are fine but emeralds and opals should never be put in an ultra-sonic.
- Polishing: The jewelry is buffed and polished on a high speed wheel by our expert jeweler at Devon's Diamonds & Decor. After multiple steps on the polisher the ring is almost complete. All of the little scratches and dents are removed and the surface of your jewelry is restored to its original, shiny self.
- Steam cleaning: The jewelry is held under a powerful jet of steam getting rid of any last remnant of unwanted particles. The steam also brightens up the metal.
Chain or Clasp Repair While You Wait
Broken chains or clasps are a common, but intricate jewelry repair. There are many different types of chains and clasps out there, and some are much easier to fix than others. At Devon's Diamonds & Decor in Boca Raton, we replace all types of clasps, and we even replace old clasps with larger, newer ones for easier use.
Common Watch Repairs at Devon's Diamonds & Decor
Here at Devon's Diamonds & Decor, we have found that the most common watch repairs in Boca Raton are: resizing watches, replacing watchbands and replacing the batteries in watches.
If you’ve lost weight, gained weight or inherited a watch from a family member that is either too small or too large for you to wear, this service will benefit you. Watch resizing is a service that makes it so you’re able to wear a timepiece that you weren’t able to use in the past.
There are many reasons that a watch band might need to be replaced and a variety of options for replacing them. One example might be simply personal taste. Depending on the material it is made from or the color or pattern printed on the band, it can make the new statement you're looking for. Another example might be that your band is beat up or broken. A worn watchband takes away from the overall appearance of a watch. It also proves problematic because it may become loose or break while you’re wearing it. Replacing the watchband will add security to the timepiece.
If your watch stops ticking, most of the time you need to get the battery replaced. Bring your watch into Devon's Diamonds & Decor in Boca Raton to be inspected by our watch experts, and we will figure out if that is indeed the problem. Once the battery is tested and it is identified that the battery needs to be replaced, the back of the watch gets opened in order to reach the watch movement. The type and size of the battery gets determined and gets replaced with a new one.
Jewelry Repair Process
Our jewelry repair process is simple. Here’s what you need to do:
- Stop in our jewelry store in Boca Raton with the piece of jewelry or watch you need repaired, or call ahead to make an appointment. (561)430-6988
- We will inspect the item. If it is a ring we will be looking for issues such as worn or broken prongs to make sure you don’t lose any diamonds or gemstones. If it is a chain we will look for worn or open links.
- We will assess what needs to be done and provide you with an estimate and time frame for completion. Most jewelry repairs can be completed in a few days to two weeks, depending upon the extent of the repair and if we have the necessary parts in stock.
- Once approved, we’ll move forward on our end and complete the necessary repairs, updating you if the time frame changes.
- We will inform you that your repaired jewelry is ready for pick up and return your jewelry to you. A simple repair can save you from losing your favorite piece of jewelry.
Jewelry Repair Meets Custom Design
Many people want to reset diamonds or gemstones from pieces they no longer wear or have inherited from a loved one. We can reuse your metal or give you credit for it, and discuss the many options that are available to you. Whether you want to build a new piece of jewelry or re-design a sentimental piece, we will work with you step-by-step to create exactly what you envision. Jewelry re-design is our specialty!
Jewelry Repair Boca Raton | Watch Repair Boca Raton
Devon's Diamonds & Decor
Jewelry repair in Boca Raton is not the only thing we do at Devon's Diamonds & Decor. We also offer custom jewelry design, creating gorgeous and memorable pieces into something you will actually wear again. For top-notch jewelry repair in Boca Raton, contact Devon's Diamonds & Decor at (561)430-6988.